Friday 2 August 2013

Hard Landing courtesy of LIAT


Check list
  1. Call Ahead for Taxi
  2. View flight arrival on web
  3. Flight on Time
  4. Passport and other document in hand
  5. Leave Campus 45 minutes before check in time
  6. Arrive at Grantley Adams International Airport
  7. At Check-in desk
So begins my journey to Grantley Adams International Airport on my way home, home to sweet St. Vincent. I should have sensed trouble from the get go. But no, I said to myself, don't overreact, don't get frustrated just go with the flow. ... Waiting to get checked in... still waiting to get check in.... waiting... How long has it been already. A family of too many was ahead of me checking in.... A family of too many, too many bags, too much noise.. just too many... 

I probably fell alseep waiting to be checked in... To add to it, the LIAT attendant couldn't care less.. Nothing said... Just an ordinary day in time with wonderful LIAT - The Caribbean Airline.

After About 45 minutes, checked in and proceeded to immigration, out to get a bit of the usual food...not going there today... We will deal with the food soon enough. Into the lounge to await the arrival of FLT 369 to St. Vincent, scheduled departure time, 8:40 pm. Yep... I waited... Aha... What did you just say? 

Does it really make any sense? We will update you at 8:50 pm.... Another at 9:00 pm. It kept on going. Announcement would be made at 10:00 pm... I had had it.. Then apparently the aircraft took off empty to St. Lucia to return back for us... Hot chocolate and a overly filled cheese sandwich for light snack ad conversation. Was I to spend an extra night? I wrenched at the thought. I just wanted to get home.

Eventually I boarded sometime after midnight. Did I really??? I had lost track of time. But I arrived in lovely St. Vincent sometime after 1:00 am. Not a bad flight after all. The workers tried as tired as they were. The airhostess, herself a bajan, retained much pleasantries as she could muster. 

Hard Landing, I was finally home.




1 comment:

  1. Hard landing indeed. What an experience. At least we we got fat off the jokes.

    ReplyDelete