Tuesday 13 August 2013

The Journey Man Tales - Paul Keens Douglas

caribbean-beat.com
As a product of the West Indies, I have been consumed by our many customs, traditions, taboos, innuendos, tricks, tales and stories and it goes on. Our Culture... Our people

The other night I awoke to the sounds... the sweet sounds of Paul Keens Douglas on the radio... I am not sure what station he was on and neither do I know what was the tale that he relayed... But it brought back so many.

Do you remember his tale? One of the Caribbean unsung hero. His stories so vivid that it kept us entertained as youths. In those days the television was a luxury, playing outside was a given and obesity amongst us kids was a novelty.

Tanti Merle, Boopsy and the Queens Park Oval.... So many tales and stories to tell... reminding me of what it truely means to be West Indian


1 comment:

  1. I really love his work. Wuk hand is a personal favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete