Wednesday 14 August 2013

Mama's Baking

heather-thegoodlife.blogspot.com
I am the last person that you would find in the kitchen. So I am not the worse for tear in that side of domestication. Burning water is my specialty, never thought it possible until I actually experienced it personally.

Last weekend my mom continued her usual weekend routine, cleaning the house to a sparkle and baking bread and the cakes to a crisp brown. Somethings I wonder why I hadn't inherit that side of her.

Before the cakes were cooled, I made sure that 2 hot slices belonged on my plate. Yes I was quick and greedy, you would be too, the previous weekend saw cakes and bread disappearing without even a bite from me. So I was upfront and proud.

Mom with her continued ingenuity, uses an old stove as her bakery. With all but a minor air vent, charcoals and gasoline as her source. Baking time is less and the result are oh oh so Magnifico...

No comments:

Post a Comment