Thursday 15 August 2013

hobby part 1


I recent attended a workshop where I got to meet the value-added end to sweet potatoes and cassava. Yes, the agroprocessors those persons who see the business end of farming.



Yes, some might want to take me to task for that statement but it is true our farmers do not see themselves as business persons and this is hurting the sector more than I can say. 

From the production stage to the post harvesting stage our farmers do not take it on themselves to view what they do as a profit making venture and not one of a hobby.


These are some of the hobbies I have experience while travelling through the islands. 

I believe that although they were hobbies for the owners of these businesses they are now huge businesses that generate economic development in these countries.







No comments:

Post a Comment