Monday 16 September 2013

Gun Powder and Agriculture

 Guilty!! 

It has been awhile since I have taken the time to blog; but I have been having such a time exploring and now I am so excited to share some with you.

I find myself attached to a rural transformation group and this afforded me to be a part of discussion on agriculture and rural development. Well we took a journey across the dry river (yet I did say dry river) to see my ancestors and the work they are doing to restore a Magazine.

This magazine was constructed by the French in 1773 in Owia, St Vincent. It was used to store gun powder. It makes a very interesting place to visit and find out the history.

The Owia/Point Rural transformation group is spearing heading the restoration and hope to make it part of the tourism product along with the Owia Salt Pond Park. 

Next time you visit St Vincent remember to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment